Sometimes I break the rules. Elijah is definitely grabbing for the complex tastes of table food, but there are a lot of ingredients that books are recommending I hold off until a year. Egg whites & grains are two of those ingredients... Sorry, this boy loves quiche.
- 8 oz. Ricotta cheese (ours is made from raw farm milk)
- 3 eggs, beaten (I used 5 petite eggs)
- 1/2 c. Mozzarella
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, cooked & well drained
- Salt, pepper, basil, thyme, & sage to taste (maybe 1 T. of each herb when they're fresh leaves)
- 1 pie crust (not for Elijah)
- Rapidly whip eggs with heavy cream. Beat Ricotta, cream cheese & mozzarella into egg mixture. Last, beat in crumbled herbs & spinach.
- If using frozen pie crust, preheat. Mix ingredients well and pour into preheated pie crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes; then 325 degrees for about 45 to 60 minutes. When knife inserted in center comes out clean, it's done.
- Optionally: Dot with butter & sprinkle Parm on top before baking. Garnish and/or serve with sliced tomato; a drizzle of hollandaise is excellent also.