Evidently the texture trick is to add more olive oil than the recipe indicates & use an immersion blender. I'm excited about the massive quantity now resting in our fridge.
- 4 cups garbanzo beans, canned/drained or made from dried beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt if beans were dry/unsalted, otherwise 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water, or enough for desired consistency
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon pepper (not pictured)
- Place all in a mixing bowl & use an immersion blender until it resembles a rough puree.
- Continue blending, adding extra oil slowly until your desired creaminess is achieved.
- Adjust salt and water to taste, depending on what you intend to dip into the hummus.