It stays hot dang near through September, & the haze can take away my appetite for meat at times. Enter recipe for refreshing picnic food! It is very tasty as a lettuce wrap with avocado slices or as a sandwich with spinach & apple slices.
Curry Egg Salad, Serves 3-4
- 5 fresh eggs
- 1 part red curry paste
- 2 parts spicy brown mustard
- 3 parts mayo (I'm partial to Duke's) or plain yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Hard boil the eggs: put 5 eggs in a pot & cover with cold water by a 1/2-inch or so. Bring to a gentle boil. Turn off the heat, cover, & let sit for exactly 7 minutes.
- Have a big bowl of ice water ready & when the eggs are cooked, transfer them to the ice bath for app. 3 minutes (to stop the cooking). Refrigerate eggs until 30 min before you intend to serve the egg salad.
- When eggs are quite cool, blend the mayo/yogurt, curry powder and salt in a tiny bowl (I use a small whisk). Set aside.
- Crack and peel each egg, and place in a medium mixing bowl. Briefyly mash cooled eggs with a potato masher & stir in spice mixture with a fork.
- Serve chilled (no one like a stinky egg)