via Kika Lee
I love creamy soups drunk with a ladle-style spoon like this. After a rather dark & rainy day yesterday, dinner was warm & cheerful. Instructions below are adapted from this raw vegan version.
- 6 roma tomatoes (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp fresh or recently dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup heavy cream [I skim it from the top of our farm milk]
- Blend all ingredients, except the cream, until smooth.
- Warm on stovetop until just steaming, not quite bubbling toward a boil.
- Ladle in the cream until soup's color & consistency are to your liking.
- Serve topped with more pesto and basil. [We ate ours with buttery grilled cheese sandwiches.]