image (to show curry package) via Kikaider
Considering prepping a pot of rice & maybe some red lentils to smother in the following concoction, made last night from a smattering of fridge leftover bits.
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- .5 med onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 in chunk fresh ginger, minced
- 1.5 cups broth
- curry spices to taste (homemade blend or Sun Brand Madras Curry Powder is a good one)
- .5 can pumpkin puree
- .5 butternut squash, diced
- In saucepan, saute onion in coconut oil, then add garlic & ginger to continue saute.
- When medicinal roots are just starting to brown, add broth & dissolve curry spices while the liquid starts to simmer.
- Add pumpkin puree first, stir to combine, then add diced squash. For a creamier texture use an immersion blender, making sure to taste in case more curry is needed.
- Remove from heat before adding any heavy cream or melt in some coconut cream. Could also dilute into soup w/ coconut milk.