1.06.2011

fond farewell

Today we release Anna into the wild. By "the wild" I mean the care of a friend in the Vet field who found a place for her to grow old safely & in better comfort than we can offer any longer. It took me a long time to seriously look into finding another home for her, secretly hoping there were retirement communities for elderly puppies exhibiting dementia, uncharacteristic aggression & nighttime wakefulness. She no longer obeys (danger outdoors & with babes), secretly pees indoors when it's cold out, gets up from her bed & whines at me 3-5 times a night (not ok even if she was my baby), hovers underfoot (visibility now obstructed by surprise bump) when I'm holding Elijah at the top of 15 stairs. Terrifying. Anxiety inducing. It must end, so today she ventures forth.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails