image via meltingyourmouth
Fills 4 pie crusts to 2/3 full with liquid to allow for the fluffy rise while baking. Feel free to use deep dish crusts.
- one butternut squash, half will be pureed & half will be diced
- 8-10 oz. goat cheese
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c. Mozzarella
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Salt, pepper & sage to taste
- 4 pie crusts (I use frozen, my homemade isn't worth the effort)
- Whack butternut squash in half, place facedown on cookie sheet & bake at 350F until the skin is wrinkling & pulling away from the meat. Let cool slightly & peel skin away. Puree half & dice half.
- Rapidly whip eggs with heavy cream into a frothy homogenous state. Beat cheeses & spices into egg froth. Beat squash puree into cheesy egg mixture.
- If using frozen pie crust, let thaw to room temp. Pour quiche liquid into preheated pie crusts, filling each crust no more than 2/3 full to allow for the fluffy rise while baking. Place diced butternut squash pieces throughout filled crusts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes; then 325 degrees for about 45 to 60 minutes. When knife inserted in center comes out clean, it's done.