Some recipes give instructions to cook the berries down before mashing & freezing. Our whole goal was to eat more raw food so we skipped that step.
- .5 cup strawberries
- 3 cups raspberries
- .5 cup mulberries
- .5 cup water
- whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- Throw all berries into food processor & blend into puree. Add water & optional .25 cup sugar (if raspberries are especially tart).
- Pulse to blend & pour into freezer-safe container. Freeze 12 hrs.
- Thaw 30 minutes at room temp or 2 hrs in fridge before attempting to scoop.
- Whip cream with vanilla extract to top.
Shortcake (adapted from this one)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- .75 tsp salt
- .3 cups raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp shortening (can sub coconut cream)
- .75 cup half & half
- melted butter to brush shortcakes
- Heat oven 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt & sugar. Cut in butter & shortening/coconut cream. Mix in half-&-half.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter & sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 minutes or until brown.
- Cool and eat!