roast beef w/ creamed dill horseradish
green bean casserole
Creamed Dill Horseradish
- 1/2 cup fresh grated horseradish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- blend grated horseradish, heavy cream & salt in small food processor
- scrape into a bowl & fold in dill weed. Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight to let flavors meld. Pulse in blender or whip until thickened to the consistency of stiff whipped cream.
- Do not over-beat or you will end up with butter.
- Preparing sauce a couple days in advance will make it more mild, as horseradish is spiciest when fresh.