image via greenolivetree
All my food-brain can think about is the forbidden.
Instead I drink a lot of Jasmine tea. And today, I made some Boursin-style cream cheese to smear on toast with cucumbers or tomatoes & capers.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz butter, room temp
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 Tbsp grated parm (the real stuff, freshly grated)
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, minced or 1 tsp dried dill weed, crumbled
- 1 tsp each dried marjoram, basil, chives, black pepper, thyme
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Have cheeses & butter at room temp. Crush garlic. Mix cheeses, butter and garlic. Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pack into a covered container, just large enough to hold the spread, & refrigerate.
- To serve, bring to room temperature.