image via Flickr
Been reading Organic Body Care Recipes. Loving the All-Purpose Scrub described on page 176. After using it daily for a week (face only), I'm convinced enough to make batches big enough to scrub elbows, knees & feet too. It is barefoot weather, after all.
- .5 cup ground oatmeal
- .25 cup almond meal
- .25 sunflower seed meal
- 1 tsp ground peppermint, spearmint or rosemary leaves
- dash cinnamon (for fragrance)
- Purified water (for oily skin), milk (for normal skin) or cream (for dry skin)
After dry ingredients are combined, storing in a Ziploc bag or lidded jar/tin would work. No need to refrigerate dry ingredients, but best results come when used within 6 months.
To mix for use
- In small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp dry scrub mixture with enough water/milk/cream (see above) to form a spreadable paste. Allow to thicken for 1 min.
- Using your fingers, massage scrub onto face & throat. Rinse.
- Doubles as a facial mask if you leave it to dry on your face for 20 min before rinsing.