Summer = exposed skin = boo boos. This topical salve is perfect for diaper rash, scrapes, cuts, burns, bites & stings to speed healing & prevent infection. More creamy than sleepy balm, the amount of tea tree oil makes it smell somewhat medicinal so avoid close contact with mucous membranes on sensitive little ones.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp beeswax
- 15 drops tea tree oil
- 15 drops calendula
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- In small saucepan over low heat or in a double boiler, combine oils with wax & gently warm until wax has just melted.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool 5 min & add essential oils. Stir to blend.
- Pour into storage container(s). Allow to cool 20 min before capping containers.
- No refrigeration required, but freshest when used within 6 months.
Smear as needed.